Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Goals Completed So Far!

Okay here we go! The first update of goals i've managed to complete so far!..

I've completed:

#5. Get my full drivers license
#6. Take a defensive driving course ( Halifax Drivers)
#10. Lose at least 30 lbs by December 31,2009
#31. Attend the George St Festival in NFLD
#44. Find a new author to read
#48. Attend a live concert
#54. Find a new cool local shop in downtown Halifax
#83.Read every book that I own before I buy a new book

So I took my defensive driving course in August 2009 through Halifax Drivers over two weekends of 8 hours days. The class was easy and shockingly I wasn't the oldest one there!..Though there were a few people there that I hope to never see out on the road!.. Really though..who asks the instructor: "so umm..if I have the choice of hitting either the back of a vehicle or the umm..that thing...that thing on the side of the road..that silver thing..." Instructor replies: " the guard rail?" Girl replies: "yeah that's it!..so which one should I hit?..."... Rest of the class O.O ....what the?... *shakes head* ...Oh well it was interesting to say the least!

I got my license on September 28th 2009, A huge thank you to my best friend Candace for taking me out driving so much,helping me out with driving tips and for coming to root me on the day of my test!..So the test wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be..the only downside was that until the day of my road test I had never driven in the rain..and wouldnt you know it poured buckets from just before my road test until a little while after.. oh well..I made it through ^^

I would have set a higher weight loss goal for the 2009 year but I figured that by the time I had started this goal list the year was almost half over so I dropped it down to 30lbs for the year.. I started out the 2009 year at 328lbs and glad to say that so far this year I have lost 34lbs and a total of 24 combined inches between my hips,waist and thighs..hooray..not that much I know..but I'm trying and will definately do better in 2010!

I got to attend the George Street Festival while home in NFLD this past summer with Peter since it was his first time to NFLD and it was a blast minus the fact that I lost him on George Street at one point!.. Checked out the Sundance, Trapper Johns, and the Irish Pub.

I found two new authors I am enjoying. One is L.J Smith who writes the Vampire Diaries and the second is Sherrilyn Keaton who writes the Dark Hunter series both of which ive found very good so far from what I have read.

Went with Brittany to Summer Rush 2009 and got to see Akon,Basshunter,Robin S,Danny Fernendes,September and there were a few others but we didnt stay for the whole thing..too much crazyness lol.

Found two new neat stores..Fashionably Dead which is a punk/alternative/skater style clothing and accessories store and a little cafe on Barrington street that I can't remember the name of but they sell really good herbal teas! Im hooked on their Strawberry Green Tea and Peach Green Tea! Yummy!

And of course I read all the books I own before I bought any new ones lol. Go me!

8 goals completed so far isnt so bad, here's hoping 2010 will be better!

93 Goals left to go! ^^

3 comments:

  1. So umm holy crap is all I have to say. I have SOOOO many books that I haven't read yet. Maybe I'll use that as one of my 2010 resolutions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! definately! It was a great one for me because I kept buying more books without reading the rest of the ones I already had :p

    ReplyDelete